First, you'll need to register and activate your account. Once we've verified your account (we take the security of our partner teachers and schools very seriously), you'll receive a welcome email with instructions and helpful tips.
When you partner with Readola, you gain access to Books on Tour. Books on Tour adds geography, science, language arts, history and social studies to your instruction by tying titles in the Blue Ribbon Awards Collection with core curriculum.
One of the most important steps to getting the most out of Readola is to create your Reading Roadmap. Reading Roadmaps are a kind of wish list - a list of books a student wants to read. As students progress in aptitude, Reading Roadmaps are updated with titles from higher reading levels.
- Create your profile.
- Build your own Recommended Reading Roadmap from the Blue Ribbon Awards Collection. Then help your students build theirs.
- Make sure to click the box to make your list public so students and families can explore your Roadmap (a classroom recommended reading list).
- Do your students know their Lexile reading levels? Total Reader offers free assessments. There are conversion charts for other reading level assessments.
- If you choose, you can communicate the link to your classroom community.
Readola's Reading Unites program allows unlimited access to Readola for all faculty and students. Readola can be accessed from all devices and requires no special hardware. If your school chooses to join our Reading Unites program, you'll be able to download relevant and exciting lesson plans to help enhance your classroom. Reading Unites also includes useful tools for:
- Using Lexiles
- Time Scale
- Lexile Conversion Chart
- Student Research
- Grant Writing with the Blue Ribbon Awards Collection (best utilization of resources, community outreach)
- 21 Questions About a Book
- Books On Tour Map and Guide
- Individual State Maps
- Social Studies
- Readola Common Core
- Rewarding Reading