Ready to Support Your School? You can get started in three easy steps:
- Create your FREE account.
- Shop thousands of award nominated books. (We sort books by reading level instead of grade but you can use our handy conversion chart if you prefer.)
- Place your order with your access code (or school/city/state if you don't have the code).
Want to get the most out of the Readola Reading System? Note: The following steps are optional, a free benefit for schools partnering with Readola for their school book fair.
Readola offers you and your students more than just award winning books. Readola is also a Reading System, aimed at aligning your students with books in their reading level (instead of just age or grade).
You'll get a head start if you take a quick and easy Lexile Assessment. We recommend Total Reader to get a reference to begin from. If you already have your Lexile number (or you've received a reading level conversion chart from Readola) - or if you just want to begin exploring by popular categories - let's go to the next step!
1. You'll need to register and activate your FREE account.
2. Immediately upon activation you'll enter your customer portal, where you can track orders and access your Reading Roadmap:
3. Readola is committed to your reading success. One of the most important tools for your success is to create a Reading Roadmap. This is different from a shopping cart. A Reading Roadmap is a sort of Wish List, which can be shared with friends and families. Plus, a Reading Roadmap can serve as a guided reading tool to keep track of titles you'd like to read, not just purchase. If your family would like to purchase a book on your Reading Roadmap, they can easily move that title over to your shopping cart for purchase.
Let's create your Reading Roadmap:
And now click New Reading Roadmap:
4. What will you name your Reading Roadmap? Make sure to name your Reading Roadmap something your family will recognize. Here, Scout the Reading Retriever picked his own name. Make sure to check the Make Reading Roadmap Public. Don't worry, only those you share the link with will be able to see the titles listed and no personal information will be included.
We're all set with our new Reading Roadmap!
5. Now it's time to find some great titles to put on your new Reading Roadmap. (After we add some titles, we'll show you how to share the Reading Roadmap with your family)
When you click on Titles, you're going to see a wide variety of options to begin exploring the Blue Ribbon Awards Collection.
Here we've clicked on Lexile Groupings and found the level we've assessed at:
We can also take the Books on Tour Challenge (individually or as a class) and read one book from each state!
Maybe we just want to start our reading adventure in a category we enjoy. Here's some of the most popular categories:
Educators, here's something special just for you - Curriculum Corner! You'll find lesson plans and units specifically tied to the Blue Ribbon Awards Collection. If you're filling out a Reading Roadmap for a Teacher Wishlist, make sure to include these professionally created tools.
6. One of the best ways to encourage students to read is to provide them the resources they need to select titles in their interest and ability level. Go to the Readola Gift Certificates page, grab some Donation Dogs and give your favorite students the book credit they need! Educators - make sure to include some Donation Dogs in your Reading Roadmaps, too.
7. When you look at each title's individual page, you're going to see Add to Reading Roadmap:
8. Now we've got some awesome titles to read. Let's share that list with family and friends. Educators, you can share your Reading Roadmap (Classroom Wish List) the same way. Once you've added titles onto your Reading Roadmap, go back to Your Account and click on Reading Roadmaps. Here you'll see the titles on your Roadmap. Your family can share that link via email or social networks:
You can add and delete titles to your Reading Roadmap any time you wish! Make sure you reassess your Lexile reading level often and don't forget to search the Lexile grouping above and below your assessed level. Reading 500 level books is okay if you're assessing at level 600. And you can challenge yourself by reading books from the 700 level.
You're now ready to begin your Reading Adventure. How about tackling the Books on Tour Challenge? Once you've registered and logged in, explore the Blue Ribbon Awards Collection sorted by the state the title was nominated in.