Book-A-Thons are a low pressure, education friendly way to raise money for worthy goals. Unlike obsolete product fundraisers, Book-A-Thons work hand in hand with your mission to create lifelong readers. And what other fundraiser returns 100% of the proceeds to your classroom, school or organization in the form of the best children's literature available today! Book-A-Thons are a great add on to your current book fair; supplement the commercial titles on the book fair with award nominated titles. Plus, instead of making a fraction off each book sold at the book fair, you'll receive 100% of the proceeds (in Readola Rewards) by hosting a Readola Book-A-Thon!
By rewarding reading, friends and family are dedicating donations to what matters most; helping kids become lifelong learners! Supporters make a small (or big!) donation for each book completed off their student's Reading Roadmap. Foundations and local businesses are also great partners for donations. It's that simple... Readola Book-A-Thons really are Self Funding Curriculum!
Here's how it works:
1. Readola provides your school (or classroom) a customized landing page, with instructions and information about the Book-a-Thon. (Book-A-Thon Sample page). Need low cost or no cost incentives that are fun and inclusive? Readola can provide those for you!
2. Families and friends can choose donation levels to support their student. The student will receive a certificate for each donation. Students are encouraged to read for one hour (or whatever you choose to encourage), for each $10 donation.
3. Teachers can choose to post those certificates in the classroom or hallway to mark the progress of the Book-a-Thon.
How about doing a simple donation drive for books or library materials? Readola provides a platform for you, free of charge. (Funding Drive Sample Page) Receive 100% of all donations back in Readola Rewards!
Your school can host a DIY Book-a-Thon, but Readola is more than just a fundraiser. Readola provides optional classroom friendly tools that compliment your education goals!
Your students can:
- Determine their Reading Level
- Fill out a Reading Roadmap in their level (and interest) from the Blue Ribbon Awards Collection.
- Share their Reading Roadmap with firiends and family and continually add and complete titles.
- Work their way through the Books on Tour Challenge.
Why should we partner with Readola instead of just doing a readathon of our own? We encourage you to host a fun, positive and beneficial readathon/book-a-thon, either with Readola or on your own. Here's some reasons why you should consider Readola.
By rewarding reading, friends and family are dedicating donations to what matters most; helping kids become lifelong learners! Supporters make a small (or big!) donation for each book completed off of the student's Reading Roadmap. It's that simple... Readola Book-A-Thons really are Self Funding Curriculum! All students can participate regardless of circumstances!
What are Donation Dogs? Donation Dogs are a way for families and community organizations to make a contribution to the school for literacy improvement. Your student receives a certificate for each $10 donated on their behalf. Visit the Donation Portal for more details.
Need more info? Contact us anytime!